The nearest hotels to the conference venue are:
- The Holiday Inn, St Nicholas Circle, LE1 5LX – a 5 minute walk from DMU and the closest hotel. NB. This is NOT Leicester City Holiday inn Express – which is actually a couple of miles from campus, so please do check you have the right one.
- The Hotel Maiyango, 13-21 St Nicholas Place, LE1 4LD – 5 or so minutes walk from campus
- The Ramada Encore on Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1GE – about a 10 minute walk from campus.
- The Mercure Hotel on Granby Street, LE1 6EX – about a 10 minute walk from campus.
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester, Filbert Way Raw Dykes Road, LE2 7FL – a 20 or so minute walk from campus.
We would advise NOT staying in hotels next door to the station, as the station area can get quite rough at night. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
For women attendees. Leicester, like many cities, can be a bit rough at night. I (Heather) live here, and do not feel happy walking alone in Leicester City Centre after around 730pm. We are in the process of thinking about the evening social aspect of the conference, BUT, we would like to advise that we will pay reimburse to cost of a taxi back to the hotel following the conference for any woman who requests this. (The taxi will probably be somewhere between £5 & £10 depending on your location). This is a precaution, rather than to suggest any direct threat, but we would rather err on the safe side. We will also provide taxi numbers for local firms on the day for those who do not have/use Uber.
For information about getting to De Montfort University, please the University’s webpage: http://www.dmu.ac.uk/About-DMU/How-to-find-us/Travelling-to-DMU.aspx